Science Binder Set - up
1. CLlCK HERE Here to download and print the SCIENCE MATERIAL Checklist. Use this list to purchase supplies needed for this course.
2. Download and print the following documents.
a) CLICK HERE to download and print the DATA CHART.
b) CLICK HERE to download and print the first seventh grade LEARNING SCALE.
c) CLICK HERE to download and print the STUDY BUDDY CONTRACT.
b) CLICK HERE to download and print the SCIENCE LAB SAFETY AGREEMENT. Please read it with your child read and both sign it.
d) CLICK HERE to download and print a minimum of ten (10) CORNELL NOTE TEMPLATES.
e) CLICK HERE to download and print the SCIENCE CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS SHEET. Please read with your child then both need to sign it.
3. Place seven (7) page protectors in the front of the binder. This will be the first thing the student will see when the binder is open. Place them in this order, 1) MISSION STATEMENT (will be completed on the first day of school) 2) DATA CHART, 3) LEARNING SCALE, 4) SCIENCE LAB SAFETY AGREEMENT 5) STUDY BUDDY CONTRACT. 6) SMART GOAL 7) Contracts.
4. Label the first section divider as "HOMEWORK".
5. Label the second section divider as "WORK IN PROGRESS". This section is for instructions or data of long term projects..
6. Label the third as "NOTES". As you take notes in class they will be placed in this section. CORNELL NOTES go into this section.
7. Label the forth section divider as "GRADED". Any papers the teacher gives back to you will go into this section. Completed QUICK WRITES go into this section.
8. Label the last section divider as "TOOLS". Place the remaining page protectors in this section. This teacher will be giving the students many types of tools that will help them be successful, not only in science but through other disciplines as well. Many of these tools will be used throughout the year and therefore should be kept in good condition. An ample supply of college rule lined paper and blank CORNELL NOTE TEMPLATES will be the last items in the binder.
9. Place the SCIENCE CLASSROOM EXPECTATION SHEET in the transparent pocket of the back cover of your binder.